Proverbs 2:6-8 says “6For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 7He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. 8He keepeth the paths of judgement, and preserveth the way of his saints. 9then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgement, and equity; yea, every good path.”
Yesterday i posted an article which dealt with 8 biblical steps to “finding the knowledge of God” from Proverbs 2:1-5. Today’s article, a continuation of sorts, deals with 6 things about God believers can rejoice in.
1) He gives wisdom. We can rejoice in the fact that we don’t have to work or pay or earn wisdom, God gives it to us! James 1:5 says “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” the bible tells us here that if any of us lack wisdom we are just to ask God for it who will give it to us. Notice how He gives it to us though. He doesn’t present us with stingy bundles of it here and there; He gives it to us liberally! If we ask for it He will pour it on us freely! Notice also he upbraideth not, this means He isn’t going to tell us off for not asking before, He’ll just give it to us!
2) He speaks knowledge and understanding. We can rejoice in the fact that God knows what He’s talking about! Out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. He talks of great things and understands the great things he speaks of! Praise God that He knows what He’s talking about because most people down here haven’t a clue!
3) He lays up sound wisdom for the righteous. We can rejoice in the fact that the Father keeps the cream of the crop for His children. He lays up or preserves and protects (hides) sound wisdom (good wisdom or help) for whom? For the righteous! For us! God is preserving the sound wisdom for us.
4) He is a buckler to the upright. We can rejoice in the fact that God is our buckler! He is our shield and protection. God is protecting us!
5) He keeps the paths of judgement. We can rejoice in the fact that God is guarding the way of judgement. God’s love is infinite but so is his holiness and it is due to this holiness that he must judge sin. Praise God we have a way out of judgement and praise Him for his holiness.
6) He preserves the way of the saints. We can rejoice in the fact that God is preserving our paths for us! Imagine if God didn’t keep our paths, imagine where we would be! Praise God for his protecting and guiding hand!
There you have it, the six things about God the believer can rejoice in. however the verse does not end there, it goes on to conclude saying “then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgement, and equity; yea, every good path.” When we come to the understanding of who God is and what He does for us then can we understand the whole law of justice, mercy, righteousness and truth. We can understand every good path because the Lord upholds all things which are good and right. Praise God for it and rejoice in who He is! – A.
Posted on August 16, 2012, in Andrew's Thoughts for the Day and tagged Bible, Book of Proverbs, christian youth, Christianity, God, Jesus, Knowledge, Lord, Servant, Wisdom, Youth. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.